How to Apply
Open positions can be found on our Employment Information page.
- For substitute teaching positions: complete and submit an online Substitute Teacher Application.
- For classified para-professional substitute positions: apply directly at your desired school; you will need to submit an online application as well.
- For departmental substitute positions (GAP After-School Program, Food Service, Transportation) apply online through the PFSD employment website or contact the desired department directly.
Types of Substitutes
- Certified Substitute – substitute for classroom teachers - please note you do not have to be a subject area expert to substitute for a classroom teacher.
- Classified Para-Professional Substitute – substitute for para-professional support positions.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Apply directly through your desired school.
- Departmental Substitute - qualifications vary with position.
- After your application has been submitted it will go through the district review process.
- Applying for a substitute position does not guarantee employment as a substitute.
- Be sure to include any volunteer experience in the application (ex: coaching, community service, etc.) and/or on your resume.
- Be sure to include email contact information for all employment references.
- If selected to become a substitute, you will be notified via email with additional instructions regarding the mandatory substitute orientation meeting date, time, and place. (Certified Substitutes only.)
- The selected applicant will be required to complete an FBI Criminal Background Check and pay the associated $36.00 fingerprinting fee.
- $110.00 for a full day at New Vision High School, Fredrick Post Learning Center and all Elementary Schools (half days will be $55.00)
- $125.00 for a full day at Post Falls High School, River City Middle School and Post Falls Middle School (half days will be $62.50)
- $120.00 long term (after 10 consecutive days) Elementary and NVHS full day
- $135.00 long term (after 10 consecutive days) PFHS, PFMS and RCMS full day
- $145.00 Retired Teachers (With verified documentation) full day (half days $72.50)
Required Action for New Substitutes
Please complete the following forms:
These forms must be completed and brought to your new substitute appointment.
Schedule a New Substitute Appointment with the Human Resources Department
Once you have completed all of the requirements outlined above:
- Job Descriptions
- Substitute Resignation Form
- If you can no longer sub for the Post Falls School District, please fill out the Substitute Resignation Form to be removed from our active substitute list.
For any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.